Here at Lunsford McCaffrey Orthodontics, we set out to provide the best possible orthodontic care. Dr. Kevin McCaffrey goes out of his way to ensure that each patient is comfortable and receive a personalized plan of treatment that best fits their needs.
Our experienced orthodontist and team understand that braces, though extremely common, might not be the most ideal form of orthodontic treatment for teens. That is why we are proud to offer Invisalign® Teen, an alternative to traditional braces.
What Is the Invisalign® System?
The Invisalign system uses 3-D computer graphic technology to create customized aligners that fit each patient’s mouth perfectly. The customized aligners are designed to straighten the patient’s teeth without having to use metal wires or brackets. Each aligner is worn for about two to three weeks at a time until it is replaced with your next custom-fit aligner.
Is the Invisalign System Right for Teens?
The Invisalign system is a great orthodontic treatment option for people of all ages. There are many benefits and questions that people have when contemplating if Invisalign Teen is the right treatment for them. We have created a simple Invisalign Teen FAQ to help answer your questions.
Invisalign Teen FAQ
- Is Invisalign Teen Just as Effective as Normal Braces? Depending on the patient, the duration of treatment might vary between Invisalign Teen and braces, but they both lead to the same results.
- Will Friends at School Be Able to See Invisalign Teen in My Mouth? No! Invisalign aligners are designed to blend in with the natural color of the patient’s teeth so that the aligners are as discreet as possible.
- Are There Benefits to Wearing Invisalign Teen? Yes! Especially for teenagers, Invisalign Teen is a great alternative option to braces for the following reasons:
- Easy to floss and brush your teeth
- Easy to manage and easy to clean your aligners
- The aligners are removable. Playing sports and participating in after school activities is not a problem!
- They are discreet and nearly invisible to the naked eye.
- How Long Does Treatment Take? Treatment differs for each person. Most Invisalign Teen treatments vary from 12 to 24 months for the most effective results.
- How Long Do I Have to Wear My Aligner? Each aligner will be replaced after about two weeks with another custom-fit aligner. For the most effective results, we recommend wearing the aligners for a minimum of 21 hours per day. You can take off your aligners for certain exceptions such as eating, brushing, flossing, sports games, etc.
- What If I Lose My Aligner? If you misplace or lose your aligner, please contact our office for a replacement immediately.
- How Much Does Invisalign Teen Cost? Costs may vary amongst different orthodontic practices, but typically, Invisalign Teen costs the same as traditional braces.
- Is Invisalign Teen Right for Me? We recommend scheduling an appointment with our orthodontist to determine if Invisalign Teen is the correct form of orthodontic treatment for you.
If you are interested in exploring Invisalign Teen in West Palm Beach, Florida, for you or your child, please contact our office at 561-964-5200. Our team is here and happy to help answer any questions you may have!